Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts, and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer (HQ) is responsible for supporting the logistics & procurement services for GOAL Headquarters team. The function manages all procurement in accordance with GOAL procurement policies and procedures working closely with requestors to ensure the highest value for money through the fairest and most transparent practices possible. The function provides logistics support for office staff in coordination with the facilities management and HR teams.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibility 1: Procurement Services
- Receive and process procurements in accordance with GOAL policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date records and service delivery trackers.
- Plan procurement services in line with requestor department procurement plans.
- Monitor service delivery and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Manage the HQ supplier management database in coordination with the finance department.
- Appropriately escalate issues and timely request support as required to ensure procurement service delivery.
Responsibility 2: Logistics Services
- Manage stocks held at HQ including emergency response stocks.
- Manage assets for HQ staff including issuing, tracking and disposing.; Plan for asset replenishment in coordination with department managers and budget holders.
- Where designated act as contract manager for logistics services contracts held at HQ either for HQ services or global services.
Responsibility 3: Training and Representation:
- Attend, deliver, or source suitable training based on gaps within the team or service users.
- Represent GOAL as requested in technical forums.
- Liaise with other departments, including the safeguarding team, to ensure appropriate training for suppliers on GOAL contracting requirements.
All GOAL employees are expected to be flexible to the organisational needs and priorities and to work in a way that supports delivery of the organisational strategy. ;
Key Performance Objectives
- Delivery of procurement services within service targets.
- Maintenance of accurate stock and asset records.
- Complete filing of all records as per GOAL information management standards.
- The ability to plan, organise and implement projects in a customer focussed manner.
- Be logical and organised with a strong administrative and analytical ability.
- Capable of being flexible and multi-tasking in busy situations.
- Effective communication skills and experience with cross-functional collaboration.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- CIPS or equivalent procurement/relevant business related qualification.
- 3+ years-experience in managing procurement services.
- Proven administrative skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Good analytical skills and overall strong computer skills across MS Office 365 suite.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of the Irish markets and procurement legislation
- Experience of conducting global tenders for procurements of values greater than Eur300,000
- Experience of buying technology services
- Work experience in the INGO, third sector or public procurement sectors
- Familiarity with PowerApps for solution development
- Familiarity with PowerBi for data analytics
- Dublin Based