Why this goal?
How we act and live as individuals and communities can impact vulnerable communities living in fragile and conflict-affected settings. We strive actively work to build links between the voices and experiences of people in crisis and young people, communities and decision-makers in Ireland and internationally through public engagement, global citizenship education and influencing activities.
Challenging stereotypes. Encouraging independent thinking.
Through our Global Citizenship program, we aim to empower a generation of Global Citizens to critically reflect on and better understand how our world is interconnected.
Through education, engagement and skills training we want to ensure that children, young people and adults believe that a fairer, more equal, and sustainable world is possible. A world where the UN Sustainable Development Goals can be realized.
How will GOAL achieve this?
GOAL is working to engage with young people in Ireland to take action to influence the global dimensions of humanitarian crises. GOAL is also working to Influence leaders and duty-bearers to address international crises with local, national and international policies. To do this, we are striving to:
- Create a platform that brings together young people from Ireland and GOAL’s program countries in the GOAL Global Youth Program and Global Youth Network to stimulate actions to achieve change.
- Optimise existing networks and events to engage young people in public spaces, national events, exhibitions and through digital campaigning.
- Support teachers and schools to provide engaging and impactful global citizenship education to pupils through workshops, competitions, resource development and other facilitative activities.
- Conduct global citizenship education beyond primary and secondary education settings, working alongside individuals and groups, including third level institutions and graduate programs, to take positive action.
- Develop civil society, private sector and technology partnerships to contribute to greater shared knowledge at scale and more impactful outcomes for the sector.
- Build an evidence base for public engagement and influencing work based on GOAL’s experience responding to crises.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to influence local, national and international norms and regulations in favor of international humanitarian policy and practice, in support of better health resilience, and to enhance food and nutrition security.
- Deepen and strengthen strategic engagements with a broad range of partners, consortia and platforms to influence policy and practice in humanitarian action and development.
Stories: Global Citizenship in action
People Pursue a Sustainable, Resilient and Inclusive World
How we act and live as individuals and communities can impact vulnerable communities living in fragile and conflict-affected settings. We will actively work to build links between the voices and experiences of people in crisis and young people, communities and decision-makers in Ireland and internationally through public engagement, global citizenship education and influencing activities.