GOAL has responded to the world’s major humanitarian crises since its founding in 1977, working with vulnerable communities in more than 60 countries over the last 40 years. While GOAL continues to be an agile first-responder to humanitarian crises, it is also committed to working with vulnerable communities to help them survive crises and support them on the road to recovery.
GOAL’s purpose is to save lives and empower communities to develop resilience and greater control over their lives and livelihoods. GOAL aims to increase the resilient wellbeing of the world’s poorest people and focuses on those who are excluded or marginalised, particularly those who are vulnerable due to socio-economic status, gender or age.
Overview of the role;
GOAL International are currently recruiting for an IT Solutions Analysts to support the IT Solutions team. The purpose of these roles is to analyze and meet GOAL’s business needs through the creation and administration of automated, data-driven solutions. Using business and data analysis tools, the Analyst will work closely with IT and extra-departmental stakeholders to understand and support a variety of business functions.
This is a great opportunity to join the IT Solutions team as we support GOAL’s international humanitarian programmes across the globe. GOAL offers a competitive salary; professional development opportunities; and operates a flexible hybrid working model (attendance in office required once per week)
- Conduct detailed data analysis on data usage across business processes and provide insights for improvement of these.;
- Develop and maintain Power BI dashboards to provide internal and external stakeholders with timely, accurate information to assist decision making and communication.;
- Develop an understanding of different functions such as Human Resources, Finance, and Procurement (ERP), etc and learn how to align these as projects within the planned GOAL IT architecture.;
- Provide analysis of IT-related business problems in GOAL related to data management and business solutions infrastructure.;
- Support GOAL’s control of risk through the use and design of Risk Management tools.
- Assist the quarterly Risk Review process at Head Office, contributing to the use and design of Risk Management tools.
- Liaise with Stakeholders to agree concepts, designs, and plans for IT Solutions.
- Work with tools like JIRA to ensure that projects are managed on schedule.
- Build strong relationships with the IT team and relevant stakeholders to ensure understanding, engagement, and support for IT project delivery across all functional areas within GOAL.;
- Maintain oversight of recently deployed systems and provide front-line support to users.;
- Coordinate, plan, test and execute system upgrades.;
- Serve as the primary contact for implementation partners, including raising support tickets and change requests.;;
- Document technical procedures and system changes.;
- Aid in the development of training programs to support the rollout of IT projects to end-users.;
- Deliver training and inductions for end-users of IT solutions as well as regular Digital Skills sessions.;
Technical Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:;
- A relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is desirable;
- 1-3 years post-graduate work experience.;
- Experience working across business functions in the areas of Data, Infrastructure or Business Solutions desirable
- Capacity to understand IT functions across HR, Finance, and other Business areas.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information.;
- Able to communicate information clearly, concisely, and confidently.;
- Committed to delivering high-quality customer service.
- Treats others with tact, courtesy, and respect, even in challenging circumstances.
- Collaborates and supports colleagues to achieve organisational goals.;
Commitment to GOAL Values;
- Strives to perform at a high level, investing significant energy to achieve agreed objectives.
- Ensures that country programmes are at the heart of all services provided.
- Upholds high standards of honesty, ethics, and integrity.;
Desirable Skills and Experience;
- Knowledge of industry recognised methodologies for Project Management, AGILE development and Change Management (e.g. ADKAR, SCRUM, Prince II, PMP).
- Experience with PowerBI and PowerApps.
- Experience with Dynamics 365.;
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.;
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.;
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document