Director Of Development & CommunicationsGOAL has responded to the world’s major humanitarian crises since its founding in 1977, working with vulnerable communities in 15 countries across the globe with a dedicated team of 3,500 personnel. While GOAL continues to be an agile first-responder to humanitarian crises, it is also committed to working with vulnerable communities to help them survive crises and support them on the road to recovery.
GOAL is seeking a highly experienced and energetic individual to join our team as Director of Development & Communications. This is a critical role in the organisation and requires a leader with a proven track record in public, corporate, legacy, major gifts, and trusts and foundations fundraising. The ideal candidate will be capable of operating at a strategic level while providing clear operational guidance to direct reports to successfully meet our ambitious fundraising targets.Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Global Director Marketing, Communications & Development to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Provide strategic direction to maximize fundraising efforts across various channels and income streams.
- Lead a team of professional fundraisers to reach ambitious annual targets, growing organisational income year on year.
- Develop and motivate an Advisory Network of Corporate Volunteers to help GOAL achieve its fundraising objectives.
- Monitor and assess the team's performance, providing constructive feedback and support.
- Use GOAL’s Performance Management Framework, Grow with GOAL, to support and develop team members, while achieving success at individual and team level.
- Coach heads of teams in their presentation, communications and fundraising skills.
Diversify the Fundraising Portfolio:
- Oversee public, corporate, legacy, major gifts, and trusts and foundations fundraising to ensuring a diverse income stream.
- Lead efforts in direct marketing and individual giving fundraising, optimizing donor engagement strategies.
- Digital Fundraising and Communications:
- Develop and execute digital fundraising strategies, harnessing the power of online channels to engage donors effectively.
- Collaborate with the Head of Communications to align fundraising efforts with overall communication strategies.
- Support CEO with all internal communications.
Relationship Building & Representation.;
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, including the Head of Communications, CEO, and other relevant departments.
- Optimize use of Senior Leaders and Board Members to maximise GOAL’s fundraising priorities.
- Develop and present pitches on a wide range of programmes, issues, fundraising appeals to a diverse audience to raise funds.
- Represent GOAL at networking and donor/prospecting events, to enhance the organization's reputation and visibility.
- 8+ years of senior fundraising experience, in public, corporate, legacy, major gifts, and trusts and foundations fundraising.
- Demonstrated a proven track record in achieving and exceeding ambitious fundraising targets.
- Strong experience in direct marketing and individual giving fundraising.
- Highly valued experience in digital fundraising and communications.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
GOAL is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity; female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Accountability within GOALA commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
SafeguardingChildren and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer StatementConsistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.;GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.;
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.;
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.